The new consultation details specific policy proposals for increasing consistency in recycling collected from households, businesses and other organisations. Government, specifically the Department for Environment Food and Rural Affairs (DEFRA), wants to know what people think about the materials included in each recyclable waste stream, exemptions, statutory guidance and transition timelines for local authorities and businesses.
The questions in the online survey are designed to be answered with reference to the consultation document which can be found as an attachment at the bottom of the page.
This consultation will close on 4th July 2021.
Other consultations taking place
DEFRA are also consulting for a second time on adjacent policy proposals as part of the collection and packaging reforms: for Introducing Extended Producer Responsibility for packaging across the UK and introducing a Deposit Return Scheme in England, Wales and Northern Ireland. Links to these consultations can be found below.
These consultations with close on 4th June 2021.
- Consistency in Household and Business Recycling – Consultation Document
- Consistency in Household and Business Recycling – Impact Assessment
- Privacy Notice – Consistency in Recycling Consultation
- Collection and Packaging Reforms – Summary of Impacts
- WRAP QA statement
- Consultation on introducing Extended Producer Responsibility (EPR) for packaging
- Consultation on introducing a Deposit Return Scheme (DRS) in England, Wales and Northern Ireland
The Whitehouse team are experts in providing public affairs advice and political analysis to a wide range of clients engaging with environmental, healthcare and social care providers and policy makers, not only in the United Kingdom, but also across the member states of the European Union and beyond. For more information, please contact our Chair, Chris Whitehouse, at firstname.lastname@example.org.