Whitehouse Communications is an issues led communications agency, specialising in public affairs, policy analysis, media relations and crises communications. We advise clients on how to effectively and positively engage with key the decision makers of Westminster, Whitehall, Brussels and local government.
Equal opportunities statement
We are committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment and to make full use of the talents and resources of all employees and to provide a healthy environment that will encourage good and productive working operations within the organisation. You and any job applicant will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
- Day to day account management and main liaison on client accounts; delegation and oversight of consultant level and below; ownership of and fulfilment of work programmes, contribution to new business targets.
- Managing clients allocated to you following discussion with the Director(s); providing the first point of contact for clients unless delegated to Consultant or Associate Consultant level; establishing a long term strategic approach and leading on the delivery of the agreed strategy in conjunction with consultants; being responsible for all communications both internally and externally with that client; providing regular feedback and updates to the Directors on client development and liaising with Consultants and Associate Consultants to provide constant and timely updates to your clients on points of interest and relevance.
- Line management of consultant level staff; carrying out regular reviews, being responsible for personnel and human resources issues, providing support and guidance on the roles and responsibilities of those posts, providing regular updates to the Managing Director or Directors on their personal development; offering support and assistance with personal development plans; acting as first point of contact for queries or concerns which may arise relating to their posts and supporting consultants in their liaison with associate consultants and Interns.
- Autonomously managing client accounts and work programmes, ensuring successful delivery with minimal oversight, guidance or input, and regularly reporting back to the Managing Director or Directors on progress and status of client relationships.
- Overseeing and ensuring quality control on the production of all external written correspondence, including briefings, research, meeting packs, reports, public policy position statements and political stakeholder target lists.
- Building trusted relationships with clients, parliamentarians and officials.
- Attending client meetings with parliamentarians and officials and carrying forward agreed action unless delegated to Consultant level staff.
- Ensuring that you are constantly up to date with issues in the sectors which affect your clients and offering high level and credible strategic public affairs and policy advice across sectors.
- Responsibility for maintaining profitability within the client cluster that you operate, retaining existing clients and turning short-term contracts into retained accounts.
- Taking the lead on new business development by identifying and carrying through new business opportunities where appropriate and constantly and continually seeking new business opportunities in emerging sectors or in industries in which you operate.
- Supporting Whitehouse PR efforts across our channels, acting as an ambassador for the Company externally.
- Any other tasks as required.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in a relevant subject.
- Demonstrable experience in a political and public policy making role in Westminster, Whitehall, think-tanks, NGOs or the private sector.
- A thorough and extensive knowledge of the political processes in the UK and the EU.
- A demonstrable ability to devise and carry out successful political campaigns for clients from the public, private and voluntary sectors.
- The ability to understand and digest complex information quickly and effectively.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with an ability to communicate with a range of decision makers along with senior corporate personnel.
- Proven experience of lobbying and working within the mechanisms of Parliament to drive forward demonstrable change (or EU equivalent).
- The ability to work and thrive as part of a small and dedicated team as well as without supervision.
- Experience of presenting reports and presentations both verbally and in writing.
- A proven and demonstrable ability to bring new business into the company.
- The ability to manage and prioritise own workload.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office packages including Word, Excel and PowerPoint and familiar with relevant Parliamentary programmes and search engines.
- Language skills: Excellent spoken and written English (Native-speaker level or equivalent), any other languages are considered an asset.
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Company bonus scheme
- Pension scheme
- Bi-annual reviews focusing on personal development
- Significant investment in personal growth: hands-on internal training from public relations and public affairs colleagues and opportunities for external training
- A sociable team – regular team socials and outings.
- Hybrid working with great offices in the heart of Central London
- Flexible working available
- Fortnightly Deliveroo allowance
- Free subscription access to Headspace
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Free eye tests