The Whitehouse Consultancy, which provides the secretariat to the All-Party Parliamentary Group (APPG) on Hong Kong, hosted a webinar on what lays ahead for Hong Kong and its inhabitants, following a further crackdown on the human rights and freedoms of Hongkongers, as a result of the imposition of the new National Security Law by the Chinese Communist Party.
This webinar was chaired by Baroness Natalie Bennett, Co-Chair of the APPG and Green Peer. It was attended by members of both Houses, who were keen to show their support for Hongkongers, following the latest developments.
The APPG welcomed leading international voices on Hong Kong and China. On the panel was:
- Baroness Bennett, Green Peer & Co-Chair, APPG on Hong Kong
- Sophie Richardson, China Director, Human Rights Watch
- Jenny Wang, Strategic Advisor, Human Rights Foundation
- Matt Kilcoyne, Deputy Director, Adam Smith Institute
- Johnny Patterson, Co-Founder and Director, Hong Kong Watch
A link to the full video of this timely and fascinating discussion is available below:
The Whitehouse team are experts in the impact of global crises, providing crisis communications, risk management and public affairs advice to a wide range of clients, not only in the United Kingdom, but also across the member states of the European Union. For more information, please contact our Chair, Chris Whitehouse, at email@example.com.