Job title: PR executive – 3-month contract with possibility for extension
Salary: £23K-£28K per annum pro-rata’d for length of contract
Location: Role based in London, hybrid working policy in place with one day a week in the office. For this role, however, we’re accepting applications from candidates in locations outside London.
Whitehouse Communications specialises in integrated communications campaigns across public affairs, policy analysis, media relations and crisis communications to engage with decision makers in the UK and the EU to shape issues’ agenda.
This is an exciting opportunity to work within a talented team across a range of UK and EU accounts, supporting
the implementation of the day-to-day PR projects. This is a wide-ranging and busy role, working with a small team responsible for media relations, campaigns, digital communications, internal communications, reputation management and events.
Whitehouse has clients across the health, human rights, corporate, nutrition and third sector industries. The new PR Executive would thrive in a fast-moving entrepreneurial atmosphere, have a love of PR and a high level of professionalism.
- Delivering client strategies to deadlines and regularly reporting back to clients.
- Production of communications materials including reports, briefs, press releases, thought leadership, speeches and presentations.
- Building and maintaining a network of influential journalists and increasing breadth and depth of contacts with influencers and industry commentators relevant to the company’s sectors.
- Supporting the implementation of social media strategies for the company and its clients.
- Supporting the delivery of corporate reputational issues/crisis management strategies across the business.
- Contributing to company marketing including writing blogs and articles and identifying proactive media and event opportunities.
- Working with external partners including digital agencies on technical websites and SEO, and with designers to create brand compliant social media material.
- Planning, promoting and attending events representing the company and its clients.
- Supporting the wider team in securing new business for the agency, including contributing to proactive approaches and undertaking tasks as appropriate related to the preparation of proposals and pitches.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in a relevant subject: Communications, Journalism or Public Relations preferred.
- Experience in public relations, media relations, corporate communications, social media in agency or in-house.
- Experience in implementing successful multi-media communications campaigns for organisations from the public, private and voluntary sectors.
- Experience in delivering social media campaigns with demonstrable outcomes.
- An understanding of managing, maintaining and cultivating journalist relationships for communications campaigns.
- Excellent writing skills and experience in writing articles, blogs, press releases, reports and presentations.
- Ability to understand and absorb complex and nuanced pieces of information and policy and translate them into language suitable for different target audiences.
- A basic understanding of website management including the use of WordPress, Direct Marketing software, Google Analytics and Search Engine Optimisation.
- The ability to work and thrive as part of a small and dedicated team as well as without supervision.
- Well organised and able to manage multiple priorities and varying pressures to meet measurable targets and strict deadlines.
- 25 days holiday (pro-rata) + bank holidays
- Company bonus scheme
- Pension scheme
- Bi-annual reviews focusing on personal development
- Significant investment in personal growth: hands-on internal training from public relations and public affairs colleagues and opportunities for external training
- A sociable team – regular team socials and outings
- Flexible working
Please email a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 27th May 2022 outlining why you would like this role and your relevant experience. Applications will be considered as received on a rolling basis and the role may be filled before the closing date. Interviews will take place online.