Salary: £28K – £37K
Whitehouse Communications specialises in integrated communications campaigns across public affairs, policy analysis, media relations and crisis communications to engage with decision makers in the UK and the EU to shape issues’ agenda.
This is an exciting opportunity to work within a talented team across a range of UK and EU accounts, support the strategic direction of accounts and the implementation of the day-to-day PR projects. This is a wide-ranging and busy role, working with a small team responsible for media relations, campaigns, public affairs, digital communications, internal communications and events.
Whitehouse has clients across the health, human rights, nutrition and third sector industries, among others. The new Consultant would thrive in a fast-moving entrepreneurial atmosphere, have a love of PR and a high level of professionalism. We’re looking for someone with solid experience in public relations and integrated communications either in an agency or in-house.
- Taking responsibility for strategic oversight and supporting the Directors in delivering public relations and public affairs campaigns for the company and its clients.
- Delivering client strategies to deadlines and regularly reporting back to clients as their first point of contact.
- Production of communications materials including reports, briefs, press releases, thought leadership, speeches and presentations, and ensuring quality control on all written literature and correspondence.
- Building and maintaining a network of influential journalists and increasing breadth and depth of contacts with influencers and industry commentators relevant to the company’s sectors.
- Planning, managing and implementing social media strategies for the company and its clients, which will include but not be limited to:
- Growing an engaged community of followers across all company and clients’ social media channels.
- Creating content calendars with optimised timings and diverse content (including graphics, animations and videos) to be scheduled across all major social channels, ensuring a steady rhythm of content that gets positive engagement.
- Experimenting with paid advertising campaigns to boost traffic to websites.
- Reporting on results to effectively demonstrate and present actions and recommendations.
- Supporting the Communications Director with corporate reputational issues/crisis management across the business.
- Contributing to company marketing including writing blogs and articles, identifying proactive media and event opportunities, and acting as an ambassador for the agency.
- Working with external partners including digital agencies on technical websites and SEO, and with designers to create brand compliant social media material.
- Managing, planning, marketing and attending events representing the company and its clients.
- Working with Directors to identify and realise new business for the agency, including taking forward proactive approaches and leading on the preparation of proposals and pitches.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in a relevant subject.
- Demonstrable experience in public relations, media relations, corporate communications, social media in agency or in-house.
- Demonstrable experience in devising and implementing successful multi-media communications campaigns for organisations from the public, private and voluntary sectors.
- Some experience in delivering public affairs strategies for clients either in agency or in-house.
- Experience in delivering high-profile social media campaigns with demonstrable outcomes.
- A deep understanding of managing, maintaining and cultivating journalist relationships for communications campaigns
- Excellent writing skills and experience in writing articles, blogs, press releases, reports and presentations.
- Ability to understand and absorb complex and nuanced pieces of information and policy and translate them into language suitable for different target audiences.
- A basic understanding of website management including the use of WordPress, Direct Marketing software, Google Analytics and Search Engine Optimisation.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with an ability to communicate with and influence a range of senior decision makers and senior corporate personnel in person and in writing.
- The ability to work and thrive as part of a small and dedicated team as well as without supervision.
- Well organised and able to manage multiple priorities and varying pressures to meet measurable targets and strict deadlines.
- Experience with Canva, Spark, InDesign and Special Effects (or other similar design software) preferable.
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Company bonus scheme
- Pension scheme
- Bi-annual reviews focusing on personal development
- Significant investment in personal growth: hands-on internal training from public relations and public affairs colleagues and opportunities for external training
- A sociable team – regular team socials and outings
- Flexible working
Please email a CV and covering letter to email@example.com by 5th April 2021 outlining why you would like this role and your relevant experience. Applications will be considered as received on a rolling basis and the role may be filled before the closing date. Please note that due to Covid-19 restrictions, the Whitehouse team is currently working remotely and interviews will take place online.