Whitehouse Communications specialises in integrated communications campaigns across public affairs, policy analysis, media relations and crisis communications to engage with decision makers in the UK and the EU to shape issues’ agenda.
This is an exciting opportunity to work within a talented team across a range of UK and EU accounts, support the strategic direction of accounts and the implementation of the day-to-day PR projects. This is a wide-ranging and busy role, working with a small team responsible for media relations, campaigns, public affairs, digital communications, internal communications and events.
Whitehouse has clients across the health, human rights, corporate, nutrition and third sector industries. The new Account Manager would thrive in a fast-moving entrepreneurial atmosphere, have a love of PR and a high level of professionalism. We’re looking for someone with solid experience in public relations and integrated communications either in agency or in-house.
- Taking responsibility for strategic oversight and supporting the Directors in delivering public relations campaigns for the company and its clients.
- Guiding and training the team to ensure client strategies are delivered to deadlines and regularly reporting back to clients as their first point of contact.
- Building and maintaining a network of influential journalists and increasing breadth and depth of contacts with influencers and industry commentators relevant to the company’s sectors.
- Planning, managing and implementing social media strategies for the company and its clients.
- Taking responsibility for corporate reputational issues/crisis management for clients.
- Undertaking some public affairs and stakeholder engagement work on client accounts as required.
- Contributing to company marketing including writing blogs and articles and acting as an ambassador for the agency.
- Managing, planning, marketing and attending events representing the company and its clients.
- Working with Directors to identify and realise new business for the agency, including taking forward proactive approaches and leading on the preparation of proposals and pitches.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in a relevant subject (preference for Journalism, PR or Marketing but all subjects accepted)
- Demonstrable experience in public relations, media relations, corporate communications, social media in agency or in-house.
- Demonstrable experience in devising and implementing successful multi-media communications campaigns for organisations from the public, private and voluntary sectors.
- An interest in politics and policy in undertaking public affairs and stakeholder engagement work as required.
- Experience in delivering high-profile social media campaigns with demonstrable outcomes.
- Experience in planning, managing and delivering corporate events.
- A deep understanding of managing, maintaining and cultivating journalist relationships for communications campaigns.
- Experience in the development of proactive reputation management as well as reactive crisis communication issues.
- Excellent writing skills and experience in writing articles, blogs, press releases, reports and presentations.
- A basic understanding of website management including the use of WordPress, Direct Marketing software, Google Analytics and Search Engine Optimisation.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with an ability to communicate with and influence a range of senior decision makers and senior corporate personnel in person and in writing.
- The ability to work and thrive as part of a small and dedicated team as well as without supervision.
- Well organised and able to manage multiple priorities and varying pressures to meet measurable targets and strict deadlines.
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Company bonus scheme
- Pension scheme
- Bi-annual reviews focusing on personal development
- Significant investment in personal growth: hands-on internal training from public relations and public affairs colleagues and opportunities for external training
- A sociable team – regular team socials and outings.
- Flexible working environment, with great offices in the heart of Central London
Please email a CV and covering letter addressed to Mayar Raouf with the subject line “Account Manager PR Application” to firstname.lastname@example.org, outlining why you would like this role and your relevant experience. Please note that due to Covid-19 restrictions interviews are currently taking place online.